Client Team Leader and Senior Project Manager
Donohue is a rapidly growing employee‐owned drinking water and wastewater consulting firm with offices in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, and Wisconsin. We are now one of the largest wastewater treatment design firms in the country. Our drinking water and wastewater business is growing year after year. Donohue is committed to delivering successful outcomes for our clients, sustainable solutions for the planet, and exceptionally fulfilling careers for our employees. We are looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial, and driven water‐wastewater professional to own client relationships and lead client engagement, specific business pursuits, and projects in northern Illinois and beyond. Specific roles are summarized below.
- Lead client‐Donohue relationship‐building efforts to maintain existing and acquire new clients, arming Donohue with institutional knowledge essential to winning and delivering successful projects.
- Participate in professional organizations and industry‐related events to enhance awareness and, more importantly, evangelize the unique and exceptional qualities of the Donohue brand.
- Mentor junior staff that want to participate in professional organizations.
- Work collaboratively with the Donohue marketing team to formulate and produce marketing materials – e.g., periodical articles, social media articles and announcements, press releases, and advertisements.
- Work closely with senior Donohue leadership to plan and execute business development, project delivery, mentoring, and recruiting strategies.
- Serve as a Client Team Leader, advocating inside the organization for clients’ interests consistent with Donohue’s contractual commitments and values. Manage and deliver client satisfaction.
- Serve as a Proposal Manager, driving proposal teams to formulate and produce winning proposals that clearly and succinctly describe clients’ foremost concerns, Donohue approaches to address those concerns, and the value proposition of those approaches.
- Serve as a Project Manager when the scope of that project and role is well aligned with the client’s expectations, your availability, your experience, and your interests.
- Serve as a technical resource throughout the organization in technical areas where you now have or one day acquire unique or exceptional technical experience and insights.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- 15+ years of experience in the planning, process troubleshooting, design, and construction of water‐wastewater treatment facilities and infrastructure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills that “get things done” while creating and fostering a positive work environment.
- Client‐focused, active listener with established client relationships in the northern Illinois market.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to deliver effective presentations; produce reports that are clear, concise, and easily understood by the appropriate audience; and produce compelling proposals.
- Proven project management skills to navigate complex projects to successful outcomes and consistently meet schedule, budget, and quality objectives.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with our clients and design teams to deliver smart, high‐value solutions that meet our client’s needs and expectations.
- Experience and willingness to actively participate in relevant professional organizations.
- Leadership experience that includes managing, mentoring, and motivating staff; coordinating staffing levels on multiple projects; managing Company risk; and growing staff levels.
- Relevant B.S. degree required; MS a plus
- Illinois PE preferred
Donohue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.