Donohue is seeking an Architect to join our growing engineering firm. In this position, you will work alongside our talented engineers and be an integral part of our design teams using various architectural design programs and models for our drinking water and wastewater design projects. You will play a critical role in leading and coordinating our Revit-based design efforts. The selected candidate will work in one of our Midwest offices. Preferred locations are Sheboygan or Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform complex architectural and design assignments, applying innovative architectural design concepts and innovative professional knowledge
- Collaborate with design teams to efficiently use the Revit database to produce equipment schedules and quantity take-off reports.
- Establish design direction, develop technical drawings and specifications, and direct overall project schedule and budget
- Manage a wide variety of project type, scale and complexities
- Stay up-to-date with improvements and new architectural methods, codes, processes, and materials
- Conduct complex feasibility and operating studies aimed at evaluating alternative systems and methods
- Uphold responsibility for quality control over assigned projects
- Assist in business development and proposal layouts when needed
- Approve standard AIA contracts and other correspondence
- Travel to job-sites on an as-needed basis
- Meet budgets and project deadlines while producing quality results
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Retain excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintain leadership and mentoring skills
- Develop an understanding of the company’s organizational structure and design-related workflow.
- Develop and implement company drawing standards. Adhere to client drawing standards when prescribed.
Donohue is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
-Bachelor's degree in architecture or relevant field required
-Consulting industry experience preferred
-Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
-Understanding of zoning regulations, building codes, and other construction/site systems
-Strong oral and written communication
-Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously